How much of the circulating currency is counterfeit? Less than 1% says the authorities. I’m not sure.
The Fake Money project is about uncover the true size of the counterfeit money market, and find out what banks and governments are doing about it.
You’re welcome to participate with articles, information or any kind of tip.
There’s already a substantial amount of data waiting to be analyzed. All new articles will be posted below:
- Beware of counterfeit money on the road (seattletimes.com)
- Counterfeit Bills, Found In Two Chase ATMs In Manhattan, Total $110,000 In Fake Money (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Iraqi Central Bank Warns of Counterfeit Money (thecurrencynewshound.com)
- Keeping an Eye Out for Counterfeit Money (nytimes.com)
- Is your cash real, or fake? (patriotledger.com)
- “Counterfeit Cash,” by Alpha Unit (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Secret Service: More crooks using counterfeit money to buy on Craiglist (kmov.com)
- Counterfeiters use digital technology to their benefit (usatoday.com)
- 2 arrested in ‘sophisticated’ counterfeit money making operation (pinellaspark.wtsp.com)
- Parliament warns of spread of fake tough market currencies because it would damage the national economy (thecurrencynewshound.com)
“It’s an interesting kind of arrogance to dismiss something that you don’t know a lot about.”
All Human Rights Reserved (h) 2012