Some might find it a bit funny that it is a European Union in the throws of a deep political and economic crisis that is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 2012. They’re absolutely right… Happy New Year!
Enjoy this review of 2012, seen through the eyes of Europe’s best cartoonists, collected by Presseurop.eu.
Unfortunately, the cartoonmakers are a dying breed, too….
But for now, let us just enjoy our holidays and make sure that 2013 gets off to a good start.
See the whole cavalcade here.
More satire here.
Related posts by econoTwist’s:
- The Nobel Art of Propaganda
- EU Leaders Clueless As Borrowing Costs Soars
- EU Leaders At Non-Excisting Meeting To Discuss A Total Fantasy Which They Know Nothing About
- The Masters of Lies
- Eurogroup Chief Wants Secret Debates on Monetary Policy
- The EU Stress Test: Working The Media
- Is Mr. Barroso Really Competent To Be President Of The EU?
- “European Leaders Have Failed”
- Europeans Are Too Depressed To Be Innovative
- Europe: “Time to Get Angry”
- EU: Drifting Towards Default, Destabilization And Disaster
Europe In Debt:
- Europe In Debt (Part 1): Creating a Monster
- Europe In Debt (Part 2): Poisonous PIIGS With Toxic Lipstick
- Europe In Debt (Part 3): Exit On Main Street
Other related articles:
- Not so noble, or peaceful: EU Nobel Peace Prize disappointment (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Peace On Earth – Classic Christmas Cartoon (1939) + Good Will to Men (1955) (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Saturday Afternoon Cartoons: New Years Eve (pinkbananaworld.com)
- European Union Unworty Winner of Nobel Peace Prize 2012 (globalnewsnet.wordpress.com)
- EU receives Nobel Peace Prize (kansascity.com)
All Human Rights Reserved (h) 2012