“A way of exploring leverage”
One bidder who has seen the offering documents said the Calabasas-based vulture fund is marketing the loans as “mostly performing,” adding that investors are allowed to buy different portions of the pool.
No other details were available at press time.
Related by the Econotwist:
Related articles by Zemanta
- PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust Announces Date for Release of First Quarter Results (eon.businesswire.com)
- Mortgage Pools Generic (slideshare.net)
- How Jumbo’s Improvement Affects Everyone Else (hsh.com)
- Walking Away (eschatonblog.com)
- Private Loan Monthly Payment Too High? (studentloannetwork.com)
- Lennar Looks to Distressed Debt as Slump Persists (Update1) (businessweek.com)
- PennyMac Mortgage Investment Trust Reports Fourth Quarter 2009 Results (eon.businesswire.com)