If the ECB/Fed/Timmy/Anyone has a trick up their sleeve, today’s a good time to whip it out if they want to goose the market, the Daily Option Report writes.
“At least the market’s crumbling now commensurate with the VIX hike.”
“Well, that was fugly. At least the market’s crumbling now commensurate with the VIX hike.”
Of interest we have the now huge discounts in VIX futures.June and July both closed 10 points below the VIX. And to sure all hope is not lost, I saw someone tweet a question about why he can buy June VIX calls under parity.
What it means is…..well, 46 VIX doesn’t seem sustainable for the month, but it sure looks justified right here right now.
Also don’t forget today is expiration. If the ECB/Fed/Timmy/Anyone has a trick up their sleeve, today’s a good time to whip it out if they want to goose the market. To say options shorts are scrambling is quite the understatement.
If you’re of a mind to short options into this, I’d really go out in time. IF you’re of a mind to buy, but can’t stand the prices, use near term.
Volatilty is only going to implode if the market shoots north, in which case the options you bought will have an intrinsic win.
Related articles by Zemanta
- “CBOE S&P 500 Volatility Index (VIX) bear call spread” and related posts (onn.tv)
- VIX, VStoxx Surge Amid Divided Response to European Debt Crisis (businessweek.com)
- Uncertainty Pushes Volatility Index Up 30% (online.wsj.com)
- Stocks Dropping Near Bottom of May 6 Crash Signal Worse to Come (businessweek.com)
- You Can Cash In on Volatility (fool.com)
- Trash-Talk or the Real Deal – Pactiv Call Options Higher on Apollo Rumor (philstockworld.com)